Get technical support for Amazon Echo
There’s a truly incredible number of things you can do with Amazon echo connected speaker, and ideally, a lot of these things will casually become a part of your daily routine over time. Amazon echo service is designed to be something you can surely on for just about every aspect of the connected home, and to get the most out of this experience you want to start by setting it up correctly out of the box
Every part of the setup and maintenance process happens through the Alexa app, so your first step is to install the app. While it is installing, connect the power supply to the only port on the bottom of the pillar and wait for it to start speaking to you. When you open the app for the first time you’ll be prompted to sign in to your Amazon account, and then it’ll be time to connect to your Echo.
Amazon Echo connects to your WiFi network, but to get there you need to first connect directly to the speaker from your phone. This process starts with an orange ring around the top of the Echo to let you know it is ready to connect. Your phone will either find the Echo automatically, or you’ll need to locate it manually as an available wireless network to connect to. Once a connection is confirmed you’ll see the Alexa app prompt you to choose what WiFi network the Echo is connecting to. Once you’ve selected the network you’ll hear the Echo confirm it is connected to the network and it will check for the most recent version of the software.
Features of Amazon Echo
Switch to 5GHz:-
A while back, I shared some tips for setting up a wireless network for use with smart home devices. I warned that 5GHz may cause problems since not all smart home devices support the newer 5GHz channel. Typically, 2.4GHz is the safer option for better compatibility all around.
That said, if you have a dual-band router, try connecting your Echo to the 5GHz channel. This will likely decrease interference, strengthen the connection and it can even increase the range if you aren’t able to move your Echo and router any closer to one another.
Factory resets tend to fix a lot of problems with most electronics. But they’re not ideal. Rather than diagnosing the issue, it’s like starting with a clean slate. It rarely lets you know what the problem was, but as a trade-off, the slight hassle of having to set the device up again may fix any issues you were having entirely.
- To factory reset the Amazon Echo:
- Use a paper clip, needle or other small, thin item and press in the reset button, positioned near the power adapter port at the bast of the Echo.
- Hold the button in until the light ring around the top of the Echo turns orange.
- Wait for the light to turn off and back on.
- Open the Amazon Alexa application on your phone or tablet to go through the setup process again.
As with just about any gadget, when it isn’t working as it should, cut the power and try again. The Echo is no exception.
Amazon suggests powering down the Echo (by unplugging the power adapter), as well as performing a power cycle on your modem and router. Once the router and modem have fully powered back on, restore power to the Echo. Try streaming some audio or interacting with it heavily for several minutes to see if you can reproduce the issue.
ISP to Amazon echo:-
First, try contacting your ISP to see if they have any resolution or are aware of an issue affecting multiple users. In general, a spotty connection is more likely than a hardware problem.
If that doesn’t help, as a last resort, reach out to Amazon customer service. Unfortunately, they will likely walk you through everything you’ve already tried before considering the possibility of any hardware issues. But they should be able to help diagnose the problem.
Amazon Echo Setup following steps
- In the box, you’ll find a microUSB a power adapter and your new echo dot place your echo dot in a central location at least eight inches from any walls and windows.
- If you have more than one Alexa device placed them in a different room for more information on managing multiple Alexa devices go to downloadalexaapp.com.
- Use the Alexa app to manage the setup settings and preference for your device and account to download the Alexa app go to the App store on your mobile device and search for Alexa app You can also go to Alexa amazon.com on your computer.
- Now plug the included power adapter into echo dot and then into a power outlet other USB power adapters like phone chargers may not provide enough power the light ring on echo dot turn blue and then orange when the light turns orange Alexa greets you hello in the Alexa app follow the instructions to connect echo dot to a Wi-Fi network.
- Now select the name of the network you do like to connect and enter the network password using the on-screen keyboard password-protected networks are shown with a lock icon your network password is not the same as your Amazon password after you are connected to a Wi-Fi network you can now use your echo dot to get started say wake word and then speak in short natural phrases.
- Your echo dot is set to respond to the wake word “Alexa” by default, but this can be changed to a few other options in the Alexa app while echo dot has a speaker you can connect it to external speakers with a 3.5mm audio cable or through Bluetooth.